Best Tips for bagging shifts!
Monday, September 24th, 2018
We’re coming up to the busiest time of the Catapult calendar, so we thought, what better time to share some awesome tips on how to snap up your favourite shifts!
- Our number one tip for scoring loads of work is to apply for as many as you can at a time. If there’s an employer you want to work with and they’ve posted loads of shifts. Showing them you’re keen to work on a number of days will boost your chances. You can even apply to shifts that clash. If you’re picked for one, we’ll withdraw you from the others.
- Do your best on every shift! If you get favorited, you can instantly claim future shifts with that employer. Say goodbye to waiting to be booked!
- Build up your experience. Working for a variety of employers in different types of jobs will help build a strong profile of your experience and give you a better shot at snagging those popular shifts later!
- Use Workmates, you can see where your friends on the platform like to work and maybe work a shift with them. Introduce each other to your favourite employers and have friends with you as shifts!
- Look out for standby shifts, they’re a great way to guarantee payment and you might get the chance to work somewhere you’ve never been before!
- Complete your Health and Safety and Food Safety modules on FLOW! Find out more here.
You’re qualified for all of the roles you see in the app, so don’t be afraid, take the plunge and apply!
As you can imagine, November and December are typically HUGE months for hospitality and retail businesses. At Catapult, this year’s busy festive season (we call it ‘Peak’!) is no different. Well, actually, it is different – it’s our busiest yet! The great thing about all this? It’s an excellent time for you guys to cash […]Read More
Some of you might have noticed an email we sent out last week asking you to fill out a form about what you are looking for from Catapult in the next few months. Why? We have loads of candidates across England and we want to make sure that we’re providing the right shifts, venues and […]Read More